Suggestions for success
1. Read all assignments given from your textbook. The library also has many textbooks available for in-library use.
2. Allow yourself enough time to research assignments. We are open seven days a week. Stay all day at the library on Sundays, from 11:00AM to 11:00PM.
3. Rest and reflect by attending a meditating session held in the library on Monday mornings from 10:00AM to 10:30AM.
4. ASK QUESTIONS of your instructor, tutors, and librarians. You can chat with a reference librarian via instant message or text (send a text message to 805-699-5874) during open library hours.
5. Set aside time to ease your stress by talking, laughing, and relaxing with a friend over a cup of tea or coffee (or a sandwich or a doughnut!) at the library cafe.
6. If you don’t have a computer, or need to share one at home, the library provides technology services: computer stations, iPads and laptops for you to use. Also, chargers, bike locks… you name it!
7. Leave the library! Take a walk along the bluff, and soak in the view and salt air before you get back to studying.
8. Find your perfect space. Learn where you learn best. Choose from quiet cubicles on library’s lower level or group study tables on main floor.
9. Stay hydrated. Cold, filtered water is available in the library lobby.
10. Join or create a study group and reserve a group study room on the library’s lower level ahead of time.
11. Visualize success. Look around the library, and see that you are surrounded by people working toward success, just like you.