Resources Related to the Thomas Fire
The Thomas Fire in Ventura County has had a major impact on our students, faculty, and staff. Here are some community resources to assist with this difficult time:
- Ready Ventura County for the most up-to-date Ventura County emergency information and locations of evacuation shelters. Phone number: (805) 465-6650
- Santa Barbara County emergency info and links
- Sign up for emergency alert texts:
- Current power outage info from Southern California Edison
- Download Red Cross apps to monitor emergency and disaster conditions.
- Some Ventura County Public Library branches are experiencing some closures and power outages, but open branches remain safe spaces for community information.
- Santa Barbara County road closures
- Cal Fire
- National Weather Service Fire Weather
- National Weather Service Wind and Temperature Map
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group Incident Report
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group Map
- Thomas Fire History : San Diego Supercomputer Center
- Ventura County Fire Department
- Twitter search by #ThomasFire
- Go to www.211ventura.org (Ventura County) or www.211santabarbaracounty.org (Santa Barbara County), or dial 211 on your phone for community resources.
- Ventura County Behavioral Health will be on-site at several of the emergency shelters for crisis intervention, counseling and community resource referrals. Call (866) 998-2243 24/7 for additional information or mental health crisis care in Ventura County.
- Thomas Fire emergency shelter in Santa Barbara area: UCSB Multi Activity Center, 516 Ocean Rd, Santa Barbara, 93106. Evacuees should enter UCSB through the main east entrance, park in parking lot 16. Staff will guide you to the Center.