Students with Families Are Welcome Here!
Students with families: We are here for you at the Luria Library!
You can always check out what we offer at our website — library.sbcc.edu — but, knowing the unique demands for students also taking care of families, we’re sharing some special highlights here with you:
- Children are welcome in the library with your supervision.
- Click here for a map of campus parking for cars and bikes.
- Click here for info on riding the bus to SBCC.
If you can’t get to campus, you can still access the library’s services. Get help from a librarian through our library website chat, on every library web page, or by phone at 805-730-4444. You can access databases, eBooks and other resources from off campus any time.
Helping You Juggle Work, School and Family
The library has these resources for you:
- Computer lab with PCs and Macs
- Laptops, calculators, and other supplies available for check out
- Books for children and teens
- Study rooms you can reserve in advance online
- Fun stuff! Board games, crayons, coloring books, Legos, and a “family box” with more activities to keep the little ones busy
- Lactation room
- Family literacy resource
Helping You AND Your Child Succeed at Assignments and Research
Though Luria Library’s collections are geared toward college-level learning, we do have books and databases that can help your elementary through high school-aged student, as well. If you’re working on homework together, check out these databases:
- MAS Ultra School Edition – Useful research resource for high school level learning. Magazine articles, primary sources, biographies, photos, maps, and flags.
- Prep Step – Study guides for placement exams and guidance for career and education success.
- Primary Search – Great for elementary school level research, with popular magazine articles, photos, maps, and flags.
We have almost 4,000 print books and eBooks for children and young adults!
According to the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, over a quarter of U.S. college students are also raising children. We know that it is an extreme challenge to complete college while taking care of a family and we hope to help you get there.