English 110 – Nelson
About this Guide
This guide provides students with recommended resources for conducting research in English 110 with Professor Nelson.
Use the tabs to navigate through the pages of the guide.
Students will write a research paper with a focus on India.
Paper Writing Assistance
Need more help?
If you need more help with research, ask a librarian! Stop by the Reference Desk, or contact a librarian by phone, text, or chat for more help. Find our contact information on the right side of this page.
Reference sources are a great place to start, get background information, identify topic ideas, and narrow your research focus.
Print Reference Books
These resources are available in the Luria Library Reference section.
- Historical Dictionary of India — R 954 M288h
Online Reference Sources
These resources are available online and will require your Pipeline account information when you access them off campus.
Search the library catalog for books on your topic. To limit your search results to print and e- books, choose the appropriate box from the menu to the left of your search results.
Use the following databases to find articles from periodicals (magazines, newspapers, and scholarly journals). These resources will require your Pipeline account information when you access them off campus.
For pro/con information on current or controversial issues, try searching one of these databases:
Finding good websites for college research can be difficult and time-consuming. Use the C.A.R.S. system to evaluate any websites you find:
- Credibility: Is an author listed? What are the author’s credentials? Is there evidence of positive peer evaluation?
- Accuracy: Is the date of the site current? Is the information complete and not too vague? Does the author acknowledge all views?
- Reasonableness: Is the author fair and objective? Is the author concerned with the truth?
- Support: Does the author provide support for the information? Are the sources listed?
Consider using some of the reliable websites below to help you explore and narrow your topic:
- ipl2 Internet resources reviewed by Library and Information professionals