Resources For and About Hungry or Homeless Students
About this Guide
This guide provides information for and about hungry or homeless students, as well as links to related support, financial resources, legal resources, and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
Use the tabs above to navigate through the pages of this guide.
- SBCC’s Mission Statement
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Food Pantry and Fresh Food
- Homeless Students Access to Shower Facilities
- SBCC Financial Aid
- SBCC Housing
- SBCC Resources for Homeless Students
- Success for Homeless Youth in Higher Education Act
Need More Help?
To access online library resources from off campus, you will be prompted to enter your Pipeline username and password.
- Credo Reference – Encyclopedias, dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, and other reference books
- Library Catalog (books+) – Search SBCC’s library catalog to find print books and online ebooks.
To find articles from periodicals (newspapers, magazines, and academic journals), search the library databases below:
- Academic Search Premier – Magazine and journal articles
- CQ Researcher – Pro/con articles on current events
- Newspapers – National and international newspapers
American Library Association
- City of Santa Barbara: Basic Needs
- City of Santa Barbara: Affordable Housing
- Common Ground: Resource Guide for Santa Barbara County
- National Center for Homeless Education: California
- National Center for Homeless Education: Helpline
- College and University Food Bank Alliance
- Food Recovery Network
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth
- National Center for Homeless Education: State Resources and National Organizations
- The Most Frequently Asked Questions on the Education Rights of Children and Youth in Homeless Situations 2016
- College Students Experiencing Homelessness: The Consequence of Failed Macro Policies 2015
- Hunger on Campus: The Challenge of Food Insecurity for College Students 2016
- Hungry to Learn: Addressing Food & Housing Insecurity Among Undergraduates 2015
- Serving Displaced and Food Insecure Students in the CSU 2016
- University of Arkansas: Student Food Insecurity Survey Report 2016
- University of California: Student Food Access and Security Study 2016
Local Legal Resources
- California Rural Legal Assistance
22 N. Milpas Street, Ste. F, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
Nonprofit legal service program created to help California’s low-income individuals and communities.
- Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County
301 E. Canon Perdido Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Legal assistance is provided free to low-income people and senior citizens.
- Santa Barbara Teen Legal Clinic
1215 De La Vina Street, Suite I Santa Barbara, CA 93191
Provides services to teens and youth.
- Common Ground: Resource Guide for Santa Barbara County has a legal services section with more information.
General Legal Resources
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Below are some resources for creating citations for sources found on the internet and through library databases.
More resources are available on the Citation Guides page.