English 103 - The Kite Runner
From Luria Library
Learning More About The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Students will find print and electronic resources on the novel The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini listed in this guide. Your search for information can include books, periodical articles, online databases, and credible Internet resources. The following sources are selected and recommended resources for student research.
Reference Librarians are available to help you with your research projects. Students can come to the reference desk with their questions or use e-mail, phone, or text.
Reference Sources - Print and Online
Reference sources cover large topics briefly, ans are a good place to begin your research.
These books are available in the Luria Library Reference section.
Country & People of Afghanistan
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life R 305.8 G162w v.3
- Ethnic Groups Worldwide R 305.8 L665eg
- Statesman's Year-Book R 310 S797
- Europa World Yearbook R 341.184 E89ew
- Historical Dictionary of Afghanistan R 958.1 A197h 2003
Khaled Hosseini & The Kite Runner
- Contemporary Literary Criticism. R 809.04 C761 v.254
- Magill's Literary Annual. R 808.8 M194l 2004
These resources are available online and require your Pipeline account information when you access them off-campus:
- CountryWatch: select AFGHANISTAN to learn about every aspect of Afghanistan.
- Literary Criticism: Search for the title or author, to find out what people have written about the book.
Search the library Catalog for books relevant to your topic such as the examples shown below:
Search the catalog for books by Khaled Hosseini
Search the catalog for books about Khaled Hosseini Khaled Hosseini
Search the catalog for a book about the Hazaras
Search the catalog for books about the Taliban
To find articles on your topic, use one of the databases listed below. These databases usually provide full-text articles on almost every topic. Conduct your search in these databases by using subject headings and keywords similar to the ones you used to locate books.
Useful Internet Sites
The Internet can be valuable source for supplementing the information you have gathered from books and periodicals. It is important that you evaluate the information you get from the Internet to determine if it is reliable and useful to your research.
Afghanistan: the Country & People
- Afghanistan: Artistry in the Air - Kite Flying is Taken to New Height
- Afghanistan Culture
- Background Notes
- CIA World Factbook
- Library of Congress Country Studies
Khaled Hosseini The Kite Runner
- Khaled Hosseni Official Web Site
- Interview with Khaled Hosseini
- powells.com Interviews - Khaled Hossini
- Dialogue with Khaled Hosseini
- Hosseini - Brief Biography
- Author Goes Home
- Khaled Hosseini
- From Kabul to California the Incredible Journey of Khaled Hosseini
- Afghan's Dirty Little Secret
- National Public Radio: An Afghan Story: Khaled Hosseini and 'Kite Runner'
- National Public Radio: Interview with Khaled Hosseini; Spinning Tales of a Faraway Home
- National Public Radio: The Kite Runner
- Academy of Achievement: Khaled Hosseini
- Khaled Hosseini: The Kite Runner
- Wrenching Tale by an Afghan Immigrant Strikes a Chord
- Afghanistan's Dirty Little Secret
- Grade Saver Kite Runner Study Guide
- Selected Literary Resources - Kite Runner
- Wikipedia: the Kite Runner
- Wikipedia: Khaled Hosseini
Caution about Using Wikipedia for College Research:
Wikipedia Use Wikipedia for Background Only. Wikipedia should never be included as a resource on a Works Cited page. See the Student-Wikipedia-Use Policy listed at the end of the this Internet Section.
Two useful sites for evaluating information found on the Internet are listed below:
Ask for Help
Feel free to contact a reference librarian through instant messaging, by phone (805) 730-4444, or e-mail.